The Friulian Journal of Science is published twice a year. The journal is divided into three sections:
Research papers. The original articles for this section, written in Friulian and in English, require: title, running title (max 45 characters), author/s, institution/s, summary (300/400 words), 3 or 4 key-words, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, bibliography. The articles, max 20 pages, have to be written using the Times New Roman font, size 12, spacing 1.5; page right and left borders of 3 centimetres.
Scientific papers. The articles, of high scientific profile and written in Friulian, have to contain: title, running title (max 45 characters), author/s, institution/s, summary (300/400 words), 3 or 4 key-words, bibliography. It is suggested that the text be divided into 4 or 5 paragraphs, each one with its own shoten as indicated for Research Papers.
Book reviews. Reviews of foreign scientific books, written in Friulian have to contain: author/s, book title, where published, editor and year of publication. The articles should consist of two parts: contents of the book and the critical review. Reviewer’s name, institution and e-mail address should be placed at the end of the text. The reviews in Friulian, max. 4 pages, have to be written as indicated for the Research Papers.
Bibliography. References should be quoted as follows:
- Whitaker (1988) al à dit …
- Many experts … (Whitaker 1977, Paradis 1999, Lebrun 2000) have noticed that …
Bibliography should be written up as in the following examples:
- (articles) Paradis M. (1999). One brain two languages. Brain and Language, 33: 125-140.
- (books) Whitaker H. (1977). Handbook on Pragmatics. Oxford: Pergamon Press.
- (chapters of books) Lebrun Y. (2000). Aphasic symptoms in Friulan. In Jakobson R. (Ed) Aphasia in different languages. New York: Academic Press, pp. 243-280.
Illustrations. Figures with a resolution quality inferior to 300 DPI and with a baseline shorter than 8 cm will not be accepted. The Excel programme should be used for graphics and tables.
Correspondence. Material for publication should be sent to one of the following addresses:
- email@example.com – Antonino Morassi
Editorial policy. The editorial committee reserves the right to accept, refuse or return the text for corrections.